If you are undergoing IV Anesthesia in our office, please adhere to these important requirements.
- Do not eat or drink anything starting by midnight the night before surgery.
- Stop smoking 12 hours or more before surgery. Recommended: quit sooner!
- Wear low-heeled shoes and loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow.
- Prepare to remove contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Bring a responsible adult to remain at the office and drive you home.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery for the next 24 hours after surgery.
Please alert the office prior to your appointment regarding:
- Regarding an immediate illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset prior to your appointment, please alert our office staff.
- Regarding whether or not to take your routine oral medicationsm please check prior to your surgical date for exact instructions.