Originally from St. Louis, Dr. Chiapel attended De Smet Jesuit High School. He then completed his undergraduate studies at Regis University in Denver, Colorado with degrees in Psychology, Sociology, and Biology. He went on to complete dental school at Loyola University School of Dentistry in Chicago, IL. Dr. Chiapel then completed an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency program at St. John’s Mercy Medical Center in Creve Coeur, MO and has been in a well-respected private practice at his Wildwood, MO location since 2001. He will continue working there while working with Gateway Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of St. Louis starting in 2023.
- Dr. Chiapel has three incredible college-aged boys and enjoys spending time skiing, various sports, and hanging out with them. He is also a Commercial Pilot with a love of aviation shared by all his boys.
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Missouri Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Greater St. Louis Dental Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Greater St. Louis Dental Society
- American Dental Association